<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, October 23, 2003

How to lose a Guy in 10 Days Review

I'm one of those guys who doesn't really love chick flicks, I admit it. In my collection, you will find several romantic comedies however, those which I do enjoy. And if people come over and sway the crowd to go the way of romance I have stacked the deck in my favor. However, tonight the vote went the way of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days which I recently got for Julie and have successfully avoided for awhile, (My earlier Chicago review was a replacement viewing for How to...) I am glad that I had my friend Drew with me during the viewing, but I found the movie entertaining and will be glad to have it in my stacked deck. It's funny, and the Kate Hudson is not annoying as many female leads in these movies often are. The female lead is usually the deciding factor between decent and flaming crap, the male lead can further enhance the movie to the realm of good but he needs a good female star to make it happen. Matthew Macaughney was entertaining and likable, so this movie gets a rating of good, which as a romantic comedy is as high as you get. Since we are on the subject I have made a list of some of the movies I hold in my deck.

Top Ten Male-Friendly Chick Flicks
(Girls if you want to ease a new boyfriend in this list will help)
1. The Princess Bride - A classic with enough swordfighting and comedy to put any man at ease.
2. John Cusack Movies - Grosse Point Blank, Serendipity, Say Anything, High Fidelity are aimed to please both genders, Cusack is our savior.
3. Kissing a Fool - Jason Lee always makes us happy, and Mili Avital should be in more movies, she's good.
4. Fools Rush In - Matthew Perry when he isn't hooked on crack is funny, and Salma Hayek...nuff said.
5. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Yeah, it made the list
6. Romeo and Juliet - Choose your edition, there is some fighting, and Shakespeare is great.
7. Forget Paris - Billy Crystal is hilarious, his other romantic movies are good too but this one is the best.
8. Ever After - Angelica Huston rules as the stepmother, but this movie also has Duncan from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, "Don't Worry Tis Duncan"
9. Fried Green Tomatoes - This movie is really good, most men should be able to enjoy it.
10. Disney - Everyone can enjoy almost any Disney movie, and you ladies love them too.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?