<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Kill Bill Part 1 Review

The bloodiest thing ever, short of the ridiculous blood in Evil Dead 2. The anime section is great and the movie is really just some fleshed out bloody anime. For those of you unfamiliar to bloody anime there are two key factors; blood squirts out of everything no matter where the wound (As an EMT I know there is no artery there that can squirt), and blood trails (best used with bullet wounds, but with swords its the spray that hits the walls from sword whipping) I was glad to see more than just swords used and one character has a giant spiked ball on the end of a chain (I love this fighting style, check Jackie Chan in Shanghai Noon for some more). I agree with Quentin about splitting the movie in half, because the feel of the older movies was being maintained throughout, and the scenes that could have been cut would have made it a hollywood action movie, and I watched this for something different. Plus, I think the action was good, maybe cut down on the 10 minute stand-offs, but since (Spoiler Alert) she only handles half of her assailants in this movie to make it one movie would have all the battles cut down severely. (Spoiler Over) The acting was good, and I loved Sonny Chiba as the wise sword master. Uma Thurman held her own more than I thought, I was half expecting to be a little disappointed by her. There was some major dirt in this movie it is not for the squemish, but if you can handle it watch this movie.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?