<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Monday, December 22, 2003

Supporting Actor of the Week

Steve Buscemi



I have decided that high profile Supporting Actors are suitable for my site, because without them my weekly post may become really obscure. So to announce this alteration of the rules that existed only in my head I have dedicated today’s post to probably one of the most recognizable and respectable supporting actors in the business, Steve Buscemi. I have seen him play every type of role during his career, his most popular being the angry jerk from movies like Reservoir Dogs and Fargo, but he has done exceptionally well in other roles such as a creepy serial killer (ConAir), a sexually disoriented police officer (Double Whammy), a teenage girl’s obsession (Ghost World), a conniving Jewish prisoner (The Grey Zone), an overzealous guitarist (Airheads), a bum (Big Daddy), an evil invisible monster (Monsters Inc.), and the list goes on and on. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe that he is the only Supporting Actor who I have featured who has hosted Saturday Night Live and appeared on The Simpsons. He has done more than just act during his career, but he has also written and directed some quality movies, his best being Animal Factory which starred Willem Dafoe and Edward Furlong as they bonded in prison. If there is a supporting actor in the business whose name you ought to know its Steve Buscemi. For recommended viewing this week I recommend whatever you feel like watching, because there is a 65% chance that Steve will be in it anyway.




Alright, so anyway…

Rolling Stone this week printed an article on which they pretty much say everything I said about Justin Timberlake just more eloquently and verbose. I didn’t know about the article and it appeared in the mail today to mock me. Even worse I think the street date for the magazine was before my Friday posting of the blog so I wasn’t even first. So um, I have better pictures and um…I’m more concise. So there.

Christmas Delights

I had a gathering with my friends in Delaware and these are the DVD’s that I got.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles – Thanks Chris
The only time Steve Martin and John Candy teamed up and what a team they made. The best road trip comedy next to National Lampoon’s Vacation.

Natural Born Killers – Thanks CJ
This movie was much more intelligent that I imagined it would be, and I have been dying to watch it with commentary. Now it is possible.

From Dusk till Dawn – Thanks CJ
The weirdest blend of horror and action yet, and three different roles played by Cheech Marin! Plus this is my first George Clooney movie, hoorah for him.

CJ bought me two movies directed by two different directors but written by Quentin Tarantino and both featured Juliette Lewis (Who made my female all-star list because of them*), freaky coincidences.

*I have an All-Star list that consists of actors who have appeared in 5 or more of my movies and actresses or directors who are featured in 3 or more of my movies. I plan on making future posts dedicated to the All-Stars that are heavily featured in my movie collection.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?