<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Friday, April 09, 2004

William Hung

Perhaps the only good thing to come out of American Idol, William Hung is just too funny to write off. I'm sure the novelty will fade, and I am surprised they were able to pump out an album so quick to cash in. I had no intention of listening to the album, I just wanted to chuckle at the fact that it exists, but a co-worker came into work saying it was the best cd he had ever bought. I then had to hear it for myself, and although I don't plan on editing my best 50 records of all-time, it is memorable. The songs are like horrible train wrecks of vocal performance, but it is so sad that it becomes somehow brilliant. I just kept laughing, and I caught myself and felt very ashamed. But to hear his renditions of such classics as Hotel California, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Y.M.C.A, She Bangs, Bailamos, I Believe I Can Fly, and Rocketman are just...I can't describe it...its bizarre but you have to experience this. But the best thing is the inspirational thoughts between songs. And I'm not the same anymore, I believe that I can fly, William Hung you are a true Inspiration and anything I accomplish from now on is built upon the confidence and power you gave me.

Essential Hit - Shake Your Bon-Bon

The second song selected from Ricky Martin's collection (Elton John has 3 songs featured) is far better than the song that spawned his career (She Bangs). Although all the Latin songs are great, hearing him trying to capture the Latin essence with his oriental voice is classic.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?