<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Praise Comcast for their many blessings...which I have to pay for.

I'mmmmmmmmmmmm BAAAAAAAAACK!

Oh yes, High Speed internet has returned to me and I have returned to you. Comcast whom I now work for (For those of you I have not been keeping up with well) hooked me up with some Cable internet and a Digital Box. Now as a shameless plug I am going to extol the many wonders of this box which I had almost nearly avoided getting.

On Demand - which is like Pay-Per-View which you can control and often not pay for is sweet. I have a Starz package so I have access to all of the movies that Starz has the rights to this month and I can watch them as I would a VHS tape with the ability to Pause, rewind, etc. Don't like your kids watching uncensored movies, select the Bunny version which is basically the network TV edit version of the movie. Wanna watch it in Widescreen? Yeah they got that too for most new movies. Plus you get a pretty good sampling of each channels hit stuff, so I can watch episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Chappelle Show, Crocodile Hunter, whenever I want. I'm lovin' it.

Last night I opted to watch The Missing, and I will review it later. Tonight I watched a documentary on Tim Burton's film career, and an old episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus. I highly recommend digital cable, if only for the old school rap channel they have which I am listening to from the other room right now. "Raah Raah went the Dungeon Dragon."

Shameless plug completed, usual drivel resumed.

The Missing

Ron Howard directed this??? Wow, he scared the piss out of me. Actually its not really a scary movie, but it has a disturbing vibe and flavor to it that had me hooked. The movie took a while to really grab me, and my other friend Dave was unable to bite into it before he had to leave, but once it did I found myself staying up later than I had anticipated. The story follows a woman whose teenage daughter was taken to be sold as a slave by Apache indians during the Wild West time period. The Indians, especially their leader were chilling, and I had to have dreams about me beating them up so I could feel better. Cate Blanchett as always is brilliant, and I felt that Tommy Lee Jones played one of the best roles of his career as the estranged father. I enjoyed it thouroughly and I would probably purchase it at a reasonable price. It would be worth a rental, hit up Blockbuster, or maybe some On Demand for that.

I was going to marathon an update but I am getting sleepy fast. I will however be resuming my frequent updating so feel free to keep checking back for more stuff. I have a lot left on my mind.

Coming Soon - A tribute to Dean's VIP All-Star Actors (AKA Actors featured in over 12 movies that I own.)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?